Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Today is Valentine's Day.....
So what ? It means nothing to me now...In fact, it's painful to see people together.It reminds me when I use to buy lunch/dinner over near Parkwest/Cedar Bluff......at a place there..where the owners were very kind to me...I would go there and at times, during the warm months see people holding hands , sitting at the benches and sometimes eating together..and it was all so painful.Sometimes I would get back in my car and weep, the tears raining down my face and curse and beat my fists against the seats.
On Robin and Co today they were showing pictures of couples together. Some of them were elderly. I guess they must be enjoying their "golden years" together. Rose and I never got to have our golden years. My years are bleak, right out of an Edgar Allen Poe poem......I feel I could quote " the Raven " and croak "nevermore" and know all too well what those words mean.

2 Comments:

Blogger Innate said...

Wolf,
I enjoy reading your descriptions and use of words. You convey emotion well.

Empathy and education are made genuine by experience and the cost of obtaining this outlook is often exorbitant. Then we sit back with a given perspective and say "What good is this to me or anyone else?"

4:53 PM  
Blogger WOLF PACK LEDGER said...

yes it is expensive.You pay a price.You pay a price for caring too much about other people.I almost envy the selfish ones out there in the world who never have loved anyone but themselves.They have it relatively easy....the rest of us have a very hard way to go.

7:47 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home