Thursday, January 25, 2007

Do you believe in psychics ? Apparently a psychic told one of the parents of one of those missing boys out of Mo that the boy was dead. So the so-called psychic was mistaken. Does this mean all psychics are phonies ? I don't believe in them. Sure, they are right sometimes. But nobody has any psychic power.Any real magic. No one has a gift from God like we can read about in the Bible.The spirit of divination.Anything like that.I don't believe God would allow a mere human, with all of our flaws, to have that kind of power. So it's a mistake to depend on a psychic to find a missing person , a killer, or for anything else. Not pointing the finger at anyone specifically.Just I wouldn't depend on a psychic to solve my problems.

2 Comments:

Blogger Innate said...

I believe that supernatural beings certainly have knowledge beyond our own. They can share that knowledge with humanity if they choose. These beings are either evil or divine.

I think that in Bible times the supernatural was not so separated from the ordinary. I think that gave God more room to work directly with humanity through prophets and through overt miracles such as the apostles worked. One also saw more overt evil eg demon posession and ingrained superstition.

Both good and evil forces can still work in the same way, but do not (as often) for some reason.

I do not want to avail myself of evil power even to fill a great perceived need eg solving a murder.

It seems that psychics use their alleged powers for profit and the amusement/amazement of others. In my opinion that is not God's M.O.

4:36 PM  
Blogger WOLF PACK LEDGER said...

I agree with you innate.You couldn't have said it any better.

7:13 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home