Monday, January 08, 2007

Apparently Google likes me.They've agreed to put ads on this blog. I appreciate that. So please please please tell your friends.I need all the support I can get.

I never got to say goodbye.It reminds me of the old song..Never Can Say Goodbye..an old Jackson 5 song...that Michael sang. I never got to say goodbye to Rose.Or to mom and dad. Or to anyone I ever cared about who passed away. I don't believe in ghosts.Or people who claim they can talk to them or see them. The Bible is full of stories about people talking to the dead...written long before the movie" The Sixth Sense". I can't see dead people.I can't talk to them.The Bible discourages us from doing that sort of thing.Suffer not a witch to live it says.But if there was a witch of Endor I would go pay her a visit. I would ask her to help me talk to Rose and to mom and dad.Simply because I never got to say goodbye. I would say all those things I never got to say. All the words I never got to speak. "I am sorry " I would say, because I feel all this guilt.All this pain. That I couldn't save them.That I didn't save them. Talking to my lost loved ones would be the one way...the only way I could achieve some measure of peace to my life.Nothing else would do.

3 Comments:

Blogger Innate said...

Wolf,
It is touching to read your post and sense the love you have for Rose and all your family. I am glad you already are grounded in the truth about the state of the dead. Remember also that King Saul got no comfort out of speaking with a demon posing as the prophet Samuel when visiting the witch of Endor.

You have lived long enough to have disagreed and then made up with those you love. In those moments of forgiveness and openness, pride and judgement are gone. I imagine that if you could see Rose again she would not be "holding your feet to the fire" for not saving her. One thing 'evil' is, is anti-life. Therefore, Rose was taken by supernatural evil forces. Even as her hero, I doubt she would blame you for being unable to stop these forces.

I certainly cannot identify personally with your loss. I do know those personally who have. As we go through life experiencing these unfair displays of apparently unmitigated evil we have two or possibly three choices. We can choose faith...faith that God is good and will work these events for our good as we love Him. For if the Supreme Being is evil we are powerless to resist Him. And if He is good we can unabashedly embrace Him and all that He does or allows. Joseph chose faith and in Genesis 45:7 & 50:20 he testifys to God's working and accepts the path of struggle it lead him on.

The other option I see is bitterness, and seething in pain most of our days on this earth that is getting old like a piece of worn cloth. Thirdly we can struggle; our human nature embittered, but struggling to catch the vision of faith the Holy Spirit places before us. Wolf, my prayer is that our faith would increase!

8:57 PM  
Blogger WOLF PACK LEDGER said...

The Bible doesn't say Saul spoke to a demon.It says he spoke to Samuel.With all due respect you can't pick and choose what parts of the Bible to believe.You either believe all of it or none of it.
My faith is gone and won't be back.But I hope faith strengthens and perseveres for you poster, for your family and loved ones as I hope it does for my loved ones.Thank you.

11:25 AM  
Blogger Innate said...

With all due respect, I do believe all of the bible. I am no Hebrew scholar, but I do know that human beings are dust plus the "breath of life". That is what makes man a living soul. No medium can perform this act after death at which time the "breath of life" returns to the Creator and we humans return to dust. It is inconsistent with the rest of scripture to believe that the prophet Samuel was re created or reincarnated by the witch of Endor. See Ecclesiastes 9:5 for starters.

I hope the above doesn't sound defensive. You have mentioned the bible and religous things in your posts and I have given some comments from my heart. So blog on! :-)

You mention in a post that the comfort of a resurrection is a cold comfort. I am curious if you have found anything warmer?

7:41 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home