Sunday, January 07, 2007

There is a 20 hr a week job advertised on the Knoxville News Sentinel website so I applied for that. Please wish me luck.We must have additional income.
I've tossed about other solutions in my head.Writing a book is one of them. I don't know if anybody would be interested in reading a book about me.It would be about the last years of my life. It certainly wouldn't be like one of those optomistic..one day at a time sweet Jesus sort of self help books you see on the shelves that sell so well. No. It would be a bleak very dark narrative filled with anger and despair. Hahahaha. But I would have to have something in it to make people want to buy it. I don't know what that would be. But I would have to find something to make it a success.It would have to be a success.

It has been a year since I have heard anything from Christine .Who is Christine ? She is an email pal of mine. I guess she's 19....possibly 20 by now and I am worried about her.You see, she told me in her last email that her stepfather had sexually assaulted her. I told her to go to the police. So nothing since. The problem is, she told me she was schizophrenic. There were times her doctors put her in the hospital for her schizophrenia. So I don't know if she was telling me the truth about the assault. I don't know if she is locked up in some mental hospital somewhere...or if she is the victim of foul play to prevent her from reporting her rape to the police. I know.I should have done something sooner. I know that. I know I have waited long enough.I will contact the NJ State Police. That is where she lives. If I don't get any response from them I will contact the TBI and go from there.

It's strange that crime has become such a part of my life. Sure, I grew up reading Sherlock Holmes and Agatha Christie and Martha Grimes but they weren't what I really cared to read about. Not what I felt passionately about. Never thought I would care that much or be so involved in real life crimes. I was really a science fiction fan. I went to science fiction conventions.I even met Stephen King once. I wrote science fiction and fantasy stories and shared them with pen pals I had back then.Way back then. Occasionally I would watch America's Most Wanted but I was not a big fan of the show. The crime magazines that use to dot the shelves are gone and have been gone for a very long time.I use to flick through the rare Alfred Hitchcock or Ellery Queen Mystery Magazine I would see at the bookstore or at the library, but I was not a big fan of those. My sister Linda was though. My Aunt Sam was. I guess it must be in the blood, if you'll pardon the pun.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Henry, seems to me you are in a situation that is sucking the life from you. Why? You are worth more than that! Writing a book sounds like a good thing, not only for your mind, but your spirit as well. The Creator (God) hasn't abandoned you, you have lost your faith my friend. I'm happy to hear from you. In case you don't know who this is, is, you have my e-mail, gram4_2000, Pat. Please take care.

9:56 AM  
Blogger CatEyez said...

Hello Henry,
its been awhile since we last emailed and by the way, Thank You for the Link....i was wondering if i was gonna be able to join in.
I am sorry to hear life is still got ya down.....but i agree with patricia, a Book would get all those feelings and emotions out in the open...and maybe then...the Issues that u have would be alot easier to deal with on a daily basis.. Get it down on paper...i for one would love to read it.

Death is a fact of life that none of us want to face or see a family member suffer through..but it is something we all have to deal with..and some cope better than others. My Family have suffered as u know a death that was totally a waste of life..
Sandy was a wonderful young woman who was killed at the hands of a young man who had no respect for human life..
Its hard to accept...Hard to face that she was hurt and killed in that way but Henry we have to live day by day and learn to Cope.
I do hope that your time of Peace in life comes soon...and you can live a loving life with your kids and family.
~Lisa aka CatEyez

1:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home