Monday, February 26, 2007

I know I haven't posted much lately. You can blame Final Fantasy XII. I bought it recently and I've spent most of my free time playing it. While an ok rpg, role playing game, it leaves a lot to be desired.The character development is poor and I don't relate to the principal characters like I have in other games. Relating to the characters, identifying with them so you could slip into their roles and feel what they feel as they go about their quest to save the world is what makes role playing interesting, at least for me. I just don't feel it in this game.
And yes, I've thought about writing my own game, using one of the game development systems you can either purchase or get for free online. Or writing/developing a movie, either flash or CGI. No it wouldn't be for sale or distribution. It would be for my own edification and personal enjoyment. If I ever do that I would want it to be excellent, which probably means I would need to spend a lot of time learning to write in code and how to manipulate the software I use for the best effects possible and so on and so forth. The movie software, Macromedia Flash for example, is relatively expensive for a hobbyist, so it would mean I would need to look at it as something that was more than just a passing fancy should I decide to go that route. I haven't made up my mind yet.
I thought this was interesting:

http://www.courttv.com/people/2007/0226/plastic_ap.html

Who in their right mind would put plastic across a road ? It reminds me of the tv commercial where the crows; I guess they're crows, shut the sliding glass door and the guy walks into it and the crows, the rascal birds, laugh. While that's a funny tv commerical, putting plastic across a highway could make someone, especially a motorcycle rider lose control and crash so it could result in a felony if someone was injured and the person who did it was caught, as was pointed out in the article. Not much fun in that. I guess some people must be bored to tears and have nothing better to do with their spare time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home